Chances are you’ve heard the ‘world is ending’ this year on December 21, 2012, but maybe you’re not sure exactly where this rumor started. Well there are actual scientists who study the Doomsday theory every day and have released a bit of huge news: the official Doomsday clock has reconfigured to be ONE MINUTE closer to the end of the world.
This clock is maintained by the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists (yes, there is an actual group) who released a statement citing why the time change.
“It is five minutes to midnight. Two years ago, it appeared that world leaders might address the truly global threats that we face. In many cases, that trend has not continued or been reversed. For that reason, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists is moving the clock hand one minute closer to midnight, back to its time in 2007,” the BAS released.
What does this mean? Basically because of climate change, the maintenance of more than 19,000 nuclear weapons and the same prehistoric thoughts from the past, we have pulled the Doomsday clock to FIVE minutes before the actual 12:00am 12/21/12 date when the world explodes.
What do you think of this Doomsday theory? Do you believe the world is going to end?
Trending on The New 1037
- Next Time I Go To The Beach I’m Tryin This!
- The Civil Wars’ ‘The One That Got Away’ Video Is As Painful As It Is Beautiful
- Something You Can Hang Your Hat On-You Have A Great Body
- The Best Blake Shelton Quotes To Celebrate His Birthday
- Uh-Oh! The Cap’n Ain’t A Cap’n?!
- Watch: The Moment Blake Shelton Fell In Love With Miranda Lambert
- Happy 37th Birthday!!
- Tanner’s Pets Of The Week: Nick
- Tanner’s Pets Of The Week: Sully
- Say What?! Your Breakfast May Contain More Sugar Than A Candy Bar