Watch: The Moment Blake Shelton Fell In Love With Miranda Lambert
Today the spitfire, foul mouthed, beloved country singer Blake Shelton celebrates his 37th birthday and before The Voice, before the platinum records… back in 2005 he was just a long haired, “Austin” singing cowboy who was asked to do a duet with a relatively new country singer named Miranda Lambert.
During CMT’s 100 Greatest Duets Concert, Shelton and Lambert took the stage to perform their own rendition of “You’re The Reason God Made Oklahoma,” the David Frizzell & Shelly West classic. Having just met not long before backstage, they both claim this was the moment they knew they were falling in love.
There was only one problem. Blake was married to Kaynette Gern at the time.
The two had gotten married in 2003 but their history was no comparison to the obvious immediate chemistry he had with Lambert. “I was a married guy, you know? Standing up there and singing with somebody and going, ‘Man, this shouldn’t be happening.’ Looking back on that, I was falling in love with her, right there on stage,” Shelton remembers during VH1’s Behind The Music.
Now here they are, married for 2 years and enjoying married life. But let’s look back on that special moment true love blossomed.
- Impact: Kenny Chesney Returns with ‘The Big Revival’
- BS Backstage:: Lee Brice Talks About Being On DWTS, HEARTest Yard Concert, New Album, And More!
- Remember That Dog That “Ran For The Border?” He’s Living Large!
- Pole Dancing On A Golf Course?!
- Grand Ole Opry Star & ‘Abilene’ Singer George Hamilton IV Dead at 77