Top 10 Interesting Facts About Luke Bryan
(CBS Radio) — As Luke Bryan fans across Charlotte eagerly anticipate his performance tomorrow night at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, we thought this would be a great time to introduce 10 interesting facts that you might not know about Bryan.
10. Bryan is a Georgia native, and the son of a peanut farmer.
9. Bryan’s career in music began around 2005, when he initially started out by writing songs for Billy Currington and Travis Tritt.
8. Many country music listeners consider Bryan to be the “next Tim McGraw.”
7. Bryan is one of the most genuine, down-to-earth music artists you will ever meet. Despite his recent success, he remains incredibly humble and grateful for his fans.
6. Bryan is married and has two young sons.
5. Bryan’s full name is Thomas Luther Bryan. He prefers to be called Luke.
4. Who knew that joining the ‘Nut House’ would be a cool thing? Bryan’s fan club is called the ‘Nut House.’
3. In 2007, Bryan signed with Capitol Records.
2. Bryan discovered music at the age of 14, after his parents bought him a guitar.
1. Bryan first decided to move to Nashville instead of attending college. However, his older brother died the night before he was to leave for Nashville. After his brother’s death, Bryan chose to stay close to home and attended Georgia Southern. Upon graduating, he worked on his Dad’s Peanut Farm until his family persuaded him to move to Nashville in 2001, to pursue his music dreams.
Dirt Road Diaries 2013 will kick off tomorrow night at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at 7 p.m. In addition to Bryan, Thompson Square and Florida Georgia Line will be performing!
-QC Writer, CBS Radio