20 Things Men And Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them
(CBS Radio) — If only men and women could understand the opposite sex, the world would be perfect — and so would their relationship, right?
Maybe, but maybe not. We’ve all heard that “Men are from Mars and women are from Venus” before, but is it possible that being from two different planets is actually a good thing? If men and women were alike, and had the same thoughts, feelings, and emotions, quite plausibly it would be disastrous for their relationship. Perhaps, being different and having different perspectives is what keeps the relationship intact.
There are far too many relationships that end due to small issues that manifest themselves over a period of time. At some point, many of these disagreements, different perspectives, or obstacles snowball and bring the relationship to a sudden halt. However, if a man and woman can accept that there is no such thing as a perfect relationship and instead, learn to thrive in a perfectly imperfect relationship, they could possibly bring down the barriers that naturally divide them — and remain together.
Of course, it does help to understand the mentality of the opposite sex, and how and why they react in certain situations, what they yearn for, and what they want and need from the opposite sex.
Here are some things that most men and women wish their significant other knew about them:
1. Most women love to be held and hugged. Even if a woman is incredibly independent, being held and hugged makes them feel safe and secure — even if they don’t admit it. Most men, on the other hand, are generally less affectionate than woman, and they may not realize how important affection is.
2. Both men and women want to be noticed by their significant other. Things such as a new hair cut, new clothing, or results from working out or losing a few pounds need to be complimented without being pointed out.
3. Most of the time when a girl fantasizes, it’s about her significant other. Most of the time when a guy fantasizes, it’s about another woman. If more woman knew this, more men would be single, but truth be told, a fantasy that isn’t acted upon doesn’t hurt anyone … sorry ladies, it’s the truth.
4. Most women smile when they see a text or email from their significant other. Most men see constant communication as an obligation. Furthermore, most men get annoyed if they receive constant texts from their significant other, especially if the messages are about where he is or what he is doing, etc.
5. Women want to feel wanted and not taken for granted, and they want their man to initiate contact. Unless a man has a specific reason to call or text, he is less likely to initiate contact. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t think about his girl, it just means that he doesn’t feel the need to talk to her all the time.