Toby Keith Shocks Gun Fans By Posting ‘No Guns Permitted’ Sign At New Restaurant
(CBS Radio) — A few weeks ago, a new restaurant called ‘Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill,’ opened its doors for the first time in Woodbridge, Virginia. There are two aspects that make this restaurant interesting (the first one you may have already guessed,) it’s owned by country music star Toby Keith, and it has a “No Guns Permitted” sign on display when entering … yes, in Virginia.
Virginia is known for being very accepting when it comes to allowing residents to carry guns, including into bars and restaurants. With that being said, it is illegal for Virginians to consume alcohol while carrying a concealed weapon.
Since the state of Virginia is so accepting of the right to carry, many gun-loving fans of Toby Keith’s voiced their disapproval over the “No Guns Permitted” sign displayed at his restaurant. And where did they voice their disapproval? On the restaurant’s Facebook page, of course. To read their comments, click here.
- Alison Krauss, Conor Oberst Added to Emmylou Harris Tribute Concert
- Jennifer Nettles Named Honorary Chair of 2015 Georgia 4-H Gala
- Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Big & Rich Team for CMT’s Ultimate Kickoff Party
- New Music to Know: Maddie & Tae, More Than Just Girls in a Country Song
- Country Singer Billy Gilman Comes Out as Gay