Jennifer Nettles Talks About Her Solo Album On The Tanner In The Morning Show
(CBS Radio) — Earlier this morning, our listeners heard Jennifer Nettles on the Tanner in the Morning Show — talking about her first solo album.
The album, That Girl, became available for purchase this morning.
When asked about That Girl, Nettles said, “For me, I so enjoy exploring the topics less explored. I enjoy digging around in the shadows. I enjoy celebrating those different stories and characters that don’t always get the most celebrated. Because that’s life, (and) life isn’t always shiny or perfect and yet, it doesn’t have to be black and white. There are some stories worth exploring that can teach us about ourselves,” said Nettles.
Many of you know Nettles as the lead singer of Sugarland. While rumors have surfaced recently about the duo breaking up, Nettles assures us that the group has not made any permanent decisions regarding their future.
When asked about the future of the group, Nettles explained that they have left it open-ended. She adds, “I love what I’ve done within Sugarland, but there was something (else) I wanted to do and something I wanted to prove. I would like to do some more projects as a solo artist.”
Listen to the full interview here:
That Girl Track Listing:
1. “Falling” (Written by Jennifer Nettles)
2. “Me Without You” (Written by Jennifer Nettles, Tim Owens and Derek George)
3. “Moneyball” (Written by Jennifer Nettles and Scott Patton)
4. “That Girl” (Written by Jennifer Nettles and Butch Walker )
5. “This Angel” (Written by Jennifer Nettles and Mike Reid)
6. “Jealousy” (Written by Jennifer Nettles and Kevin Griffin)
7. “This One’s For You” (Written by Jennifer Nettles and Sara Bareilles)
8. “Know You Wanna Know” (Written by Jennifer Nettles and Richard Marx)
9. “Thank You” (Written by Jennifer Nettles and Phillip Sweet)
10. “Good Time To Cry” (Written by Jennifer Nettles and Mike Reid)
11. “Like A Rock” (Written by Bob Seger)